The Ministry functions through its Departments, Parastatals/Agencies, from where full details of its Service Charter can be obtained. The following is therefore only a summary of services rendered by the Ministry:-
- The collection of Government Revenue, and formulation of Tax Policies.
- Quarterly/release of appropriated funds.
- Formulating and implementing fiscal policies and processing Tariff matters.
- Preparation of Annual Accounts of Ministries, Extra-Ministerial Departments etc.
- Budget formulation, preparation, defence, implementation monitoring and Evaluation.
- Managing the international economic relations of the State.
- Managing the state’s foreign and domestic debts.
- Monitoring projects financed by bilateral and Multilateral Institutions.
- Involvement in the management of corporate entities in which the government has interest.